Guide to Companion Parrot BehaviorPA0964
More About Guide to Companion Parrot Behavior
Owners of companion parrots value these appealing birds in much the same way that a dog lover values his pet pooch. But companion parrots have a unique quality unmatched by any dog: They can talk to their human companions! This revised and updated book advises on all important topics related to keeping a companion parrot, including:
- Choosing between a young parrot an and older bird
- Selecting and training a talking parrot
- Modifying the bird's behavior and reinforcing social behavior habits
- Protecting the parrot from household hazards
- Coping with occasional problems, such as screaming or feather chewing
Author Mattie Sue Athan concludes by recounting several amusing anecdotes about companion parrots and their various owners.
Includes color photos and line art.
Share with friends and Family